Music of the week : )

November 10, 2010

Friend time


Day 22 — The person that changed you the most.



Dear Shantel,

Wow lucky you! I found 2 letters to write about you in.

I never felt right in my own skin
I was awkward and didn't know where I wanted to go, who I wanted to be.
If I was going to choose for myself or if I was going to be the person everyone made me out to be.
Then I met you and really you were just as awkward.
I remember when we were being little trouble makers, we would always consult each other before we did something stupid. Kind of like wanting to know what the other person would say.
Stupid times really, we did so much stupid things.
or should I say,
I did so many stupid things you were innocent and I forced you to do every bad thing that you ever did. hahah only you can understand this statement
The point is,
Im who I am now because I had an amazing best friend that helped me.

I remember the time I was living in ceder city and we were getting A ride from someone and that person said
(please forgive me if I dont get every word right its been a few years, it went something along the lines of)
"Sam, I hold a lot of resentment towards you. I think that Shantel has been a better friend to you then you ever have to her..." this person then went off on how all i do is make bad choices and what not..
basically this person made me feel like dirt.. at first I hated this person (I dont hate this person anymore) for saying that to me.
who did they think they were to tell me off. I felt the victim. This person didnt know the things that had been put before us. How could they know the things Ive done for you. Or the things you've done for me. This person wasn't there.
moving on....

we got out of that persons car and sat in the park for what felt like a life time. At first I was yelling and swearing up a storm. cursing this person for judging me and putting that label. I believe I started naming off everything I ever did for you. During my fit you interrupted me and said (again im not sure of word for word)
It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I know what you've done.
you then sat there quietly for several moments.
"Friendship is not about who does more. Its about 2 people who will always be there for eachother"
That is why no one could ever take your place!

Thank you for always being there for me, and for making me who I am today!










No comments: